Factories and businesses are gradually resuming operations.
To prevent infection at workplace, authorities have taken preventive measures: enterprises are required to submit applications to local authorities before they are allowed to resume work. Applicants need to demonstrate they are observing strict hygiene requirements and are capable of providing adequate hygiene consumables to the workforce.
Even if the application is approved, only a very limited number of staff are allowed to enter the workplace. The measure is aimed to reduce the chance of people being affected. Therefore, most of the enterprises are operating with skeleton staffing, and have their employees working from home, if applicable.
- All DACHSER branches except Kunshan and Wuhan have resumed business with skeleton staffing in the office due to local quarantine procedures and preventative measures;
- Part of our team members are working from home to keep the operations ongoing;
- Kunshan warehouse will re-open once approvals from the authorities are granted;
- Wuhan is closed and scheduled to re-open on February 24, subject to change depending on the situation;
- Please excuse us for the delay in some processes, as most of the units in the supply chain within China are not functioning in full capacity. Please refer to Transport logistics in China at the next section;
- Hong Kong branch is fully operational. We continue to monitor the situation closely and will advise if our ability to operate is impacted.
Transport logistics in China
While we are trying our best to keep your supply chain as smooth as possible, please consider that other units in the supply chain did not resume full capacity yet. Carriers and terminals are gradually resuming operations with skeleton staff. Delays and other operational issues are expected.
- Trucking services are resuming but only with less than 50% of the usual labour supply. Only a limited number of trucking companies received permits to resume operation. Lack of truckers continues;
- Inter-cities and inter-provinces trucking are especially challenging due to increasingly tightened regulations on road;
- Rail carriers reduced departures to and from China; some railway platforms (i.e. Wuhan, Yiwu, Zhengzhou) are closed until further notice;
- Rail terminals are operating except Wuhan (Wujiashan station);
- Customs are operating except Wuhan (overtime could be reserved with application from brokers);
- FCL service on pre/on-carriage is a challenge due different policies of traffic controls applied by local authorities;
- LTL service is not available as most of logistics parks/distribution centers are closed; FTL service is available in ad hoc level;
- Airlines resumed freighter to and from China;
- Capacity is still an issue since many of the airlines suspended passenger flights;
- Charter services are available with guaranteed uplift and transit time for our customers with urgent shipment;
- Carriers have reduced sailings to and from China;
- Ocean terminals are operating, except Wuhan;
- Lack of equipment starts to be an issue;
- Container trucking only resumes on average 50% of normal capacity;
- The US and Vietnam has quarantine requirements for vessels leaving Chinese ports.
At DACHSER, we have contingency measures in place and will offer you the best alternative solutions to keep your supply chain running in case any shipment is affected.
Please rest assure that we will update you with the latest information on how this is impacting your supply chain. Should you have any concerns and/or queries, please feel free to contact your local DACHSER representative.