Consequences of adverse weather conditions in Spain
Storm Filomena has affected Spain in recent days and especially the Community of Madrid, we would like to give you some information about the restrictions on logistics.
- Difficulties in distribution activities throughout the week, mainly throughout Madrid
- Restrictions on access to industrial estates due to accumulation of snow and vehicles
- Difficulties in collections, deliveries and shipments to other delegations. Journeys to and from Madrid may suffer significant delays
- Traffic restrictions for heavy vehicles (partially open on some roads)
- Temporary reduction of long-distance routes between delegations
- MAD airport starts operating slowly but suffers long delays due to cancelled flights
- Handling personnel are severely restricted and therefore air cargo operations start to run very slowly
- Customs operations are giving priority to express shipments
- Road access to and from Madrid suffer significant restrictions
During this week, the alert is still active due to very low temperatures (in some places below -10ºC), so please expect strong restrictions and incidents in all transport and distribution services.
If you have questions, please feel free to speak to your DACHSER representative. We hope that the situation will normalize as soon as possible, and we will keep you informed.